Sunday, May 15, 2011

economic impact of low lake levels

I can say with absolute certainty that the low water levels we experienced had a devastating and perhaps somewhat permanent effect on real estate values on Lake thurmond. I was appalled at the study that was done. Any educated individual could see the study wasn't worth the paper it was written on. I would be ashamed of myself if I where involved in such a joke. The effect on so many peoples lives has been devastating. Sit in my office for awhile and listen to the people who invested in this lake and have or are in the process of loosing everything they have because of this and anyone with an IQ over 90 would understand. It's the American way, throw money away on studies while we do nothing to make changes for the better. The study's being done by the fox on how to to keep the chickens safe. This is the very reason America is in trouble. We simply have too much government that has become rigid and lacks the ability to make changes for the good. The government employees are overpaid and produce far less work that their private counterparts. I for one am sick of it. We need a strong president who isn't afraid of reducing the size of government and red tape to get anything done. We could solve all our problems right here. Get their salaries in line and make them work! I don't want to get into politics too much here, but solving our economic problems is very simple. There are a hundred things we could do, but too many special interests and people getting hand outs that cry if they are not supported by the private sector who cannot continue to bear all the burden. I beg anyone to look at the numbers. All the new developments where on fire 4 years ago. Good waterfront lots where selling for $250,000. They are now selling for $18,000 to $20,000. This is a loss of over 90%! I wonder if anyone at the corps can read. The lives of so many have been destroyed! I know some of it is the economy, but I am no fool. I also know low water is equally at play here. We have an inventory of houses on the lake with a 25 year turn around time. This is as bad as anywhere in the country. A healthy time frame is 6-9 months. The areas around the lake have a turnaround time of 18 months. If anyone could here the people asking me to help them before going bankrupt you couldn't help being affected. I here the stories. I am in the trenches. The people in government and those who can help are not affected and it shows. What more can I say? I could go on for hours on how to put America back in the right direction. I for one would like to see someone as president like Donald Trump or Ross Perrow. These guys understand we are at croossroad here. Either we make drastic changes or we sink. The lake problem is simply one sore in a sea of sickness that has consumed us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment